Statement of Faith
- We affirm our belief in the one Eternal God, Creator and Lord of all, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to His will. We affirm that there is only one Saviour, Jesus Christ and believe in the power of the Holy Spirit whom the Father sent to bear witness to His Son.
- We affirm the Divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of both Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety as the only written Word of God – His message addressed to all men and women for salvation and Christian living.
- We believe that God’s loving grace is offered to all people through Jesus Christ, the only One who is ‘the way and the truth and the life” to and of God. We believe and accept that Jesus Christ, whom God sent to save the world, will return personally and visibly to accomplish His salvation and His judgement, thus ushering in His Kingdom in all its fullness.
In giving expression to this statement we further believe that:
- Each person is a unique individual created by God, saved by Jesus Christ, gifted and empowered by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. We believe that each person is responsible for their own spiritual growth and acknowledge that people are differently gifted and working out their faith in a manner that places each at a different stage in the faith journey.
- We show our acceptance of each person by being a welcoming congregation that offers practical care and encouragement towards meaningful spiritual growth and discipleship.
- Each child and young person is a vital part of our congregation and we value them as being loved by God, who has a plan and a purpose for each one
- We recognise that they will become future leaders in our church; in business and in our country and accept our responsibility to train and guide them in the Christian faith by providing services and facilities that will make possible their spiritual growth and lead them to becoming committed Christians and valued members of society.
- We relate to God through prayer and worship. We believe in the importance and value of prayer (as taught in the Bible) and affirm the place of prayer as being central to all we do. We believe that God answers our prayers and that we need to observe and practice this discipline both individually and corporately. We hold as central to our faith daily reading and study of the Scriptures and participation in worship of God who delights in the praises of His people.
- We give expression to this through conducting regular services of worship that blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship; through prayer meetings; fellowship group meetings and courses that promote spiritual growth.
- God calls us to feed the hungry; welcome the stranger; clothe the naked; visit the sick and lonely and express God’s love for people in tangible and practical ways. We believe that each member of our church is responsible to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ in word and deed.
- God has blessed us to be a blessing to others and we express our faith through acts of practical caring that meet needs within the church and the wider community. We identify with, and support wherever possible, other Christian organisations that carry out humanitarian services and meet needs that are beyond our ability and means to address.
- We acknowledge that all gifts come from God who gives us the ability and talent to earn money and create wealth. We believe we are called to give generously of our resources, time and talents and to use these to be God’s visible church on earth.
- We are stewards of the resources of our church and believe in the principle of tithing on income received. We are committed to transparent administration and accept our grounds and buildings as having been entrusted to us by God to be cared for and used to His glory.